Safety and usage information

Wax melts

To ensure you get the maximum results from your wax melts whilst maintaining safety at all times please follow these user instructions.

Our recommendation is that our wax melts should only be used in an appropriate wax melt burner placed on a heat resistant surface. Oil burners are often purchased as wax melt burners but pose significant fire risks, as well as causing your wax to overheat and lose it’s scent too quickly.

To use, simply break off a pieces(s) – depending on the size of your burner and switch on your burner or light the tealight. Be careful not to over fill to avoid spillages. The average burner would take one section of a 5 cell snap bar and half of a sample pot (the wax in the sample pots can easily be cut with a wax cutter for knife). Keep burning & re-burning until you can no longer smell the scent. Replace with fresh wax & repeat the process.

Do not use metal or sharp objects to clean out wax as this may crack or damage the burner or cause injury. When you wish to change your wax light the burner, wait until the wax melts and then soak up the wax with cotton wool balls. Only clean your burner with non flammable materials.

The intensity of your scent will depend on your room size, temperature of the room and amount of wax used. For best results, always close your windows in the room you are burning the wax.

Our in house wax melt is a mix of coconut and soy wax. However, we may on occasion blend our soy wax base with other waxes which could include mineral and rapeseed wax. If you have any concerns or allergies please email us contact us at

Never leave a wax burner unattended.

Keep your burner clean and check for cracks before each use.

Only use unscented 4 hour tealights and allow to cool after each tealight. Before lighting, make sure your tealight hasn’t gathered any dust or debris.

Never attempt to move a lit burner.

Keep out of reach of children and pets.

Store your wax in a cool place away from direct sunlight.

Avoid contact with eyes and skin, if contact occurs, flush with water. If irritation persists seek medical assistance.

Failure to follow instructions could result in fire hazard or serious injury.

We are CLP compliant, If you do need to consult a medical professional, please take along the packaging of the wax melt involved and show this to the physician to receive the best treatment. Each scent has it’s own CLP label so you must ensure to take the correct packaging with you.


Place the candle on a heat resistant candle plate in a draft free position away from curtains and other objects.

Light the candle and for the first burn ensure the candle is lit for 3 hours to ensure an even wax pool.

Before relighting always trim the wick to 3-5mm removing any charred wood. This can be done with a wick trimmer or using your finger tips.

The flame should not be allowed to exceed 2.5cm, if it does, extinguish immediately and trim the wick before relighting.

Never leave a burning candle unattended.

The candle may become hot during use, do not attempt to move whilst lit and only ever burn on a suitable heat resistant candle plate.

Never burn our wooden wick candles for longer than 3 hours at a time.

When only 5mm of wax remains in the tin extinguish and do not relight.

Keep out of reach of children and pets.

Failure to follow these instructions could result in poor candle performance and/or the risk of fire or injury.